Welcome to my own personal Bucket List Project. On July 24, 2009, I was suddenly inspired to sit down & actually Write out a Physical Bucket List. So, I went to a local Bar, sat down with a cigar and came up with 85 things I wanted to do before I die. It came relatively easy to me because I broke it down into categories:
- Adventure Travel
- Adventure Activities & Experiences
- Personal Growth
- Things I wanted to Do for Others
- Opportunities to Make Amends to Others
Well, that was all good cept one MAJOR THING, I misplaced that old Composition Book!!
Then in September 2012, I took an impromptu trip to Virginia to see my Grandfather (Abue) celebrate his 60th Wedding Anniversary! It was the last time I saw him alive but something remarkable happened when I returned home…My Notebook suddenly appeared!! It had slipped under my bed and collected tons of dust. (Sorry Mom, I know I need to Dust my house more!)
When I opened my notebook, I realized that out of the 85 items I had written down, in 3 YEARS, I had only worked on one thing and had not even attempted any of the other 84 items. I sat down with a cigar and realized something:
“JUST BECAUSE I AM BREATHING DOESN’T MEAN I AM LIVING!”
So, I decided to make a conscious effort to start tackling this list! I added another 18 items on that day & I made a plan of attack to start completing items & finding friends and family to help me! Then, I contacted my cousin Alex, we took a cruise to Mexico on October 24, 2012 and with his help COMPLETED my very first Item:
#45 – Swim with the Dolphins
I remember how I felt when it was done! It was a story that I was going to share with everyone and I couldn’t wait to start doing the rest of my items! I was going to prove to myself that I was LIVING & when I Die, the story of my life was going to be packed with chapters of adventure!!
So why post it online??
For 3 Reasons:
1) I need Everyone’s help…keep me accountable, help me find ways to accomplish my goals, or just cheer me on!!
2) I want to help others with their own Bucket List Items. #103 on my list is to Help anyone Complete an Item on their Bucket List within 1 year of them Helping me Completing one of mine!!
3) I want to Inspire People to Dream & then to GO OUT & COMPLETE THEIR BUCKET LIST! If I can do this, then ANYONE CAN! Too many people, my Friends & Family included, just go through life living a mediocre existence!
Therefore, I want people to see this list, see me working to accomplish them, and then going out and doing it too!
So that is it! Join me on my Adventure of LIFE! Join me and LIVE LIKE A LION, NOT A LAMB!!!