I think I need to take a little walk!
Every year around mid January, I sit around and contemplate about what I want to accomplish in the coming year, especially with the Bucket List Project. I compare what I have been wanting to do versus what is going on in my life. Then I make out a very raw outline (as seen at My Hopes & Goals of 2016) and share it with everyone. Personally, I love it when I finally “figure it out” cause it then allows me to start dreaming of the great adventures I am going to take on or the projects I want to accomplish. Plus I am a list-maker by nature and this allows my scatter brained mind to maintain some sort of focus.
But with life, things are subject to change. With me, things change can be for millions of reasons but usually its because my heart sees an opportunity and overtakes my brain.
Originally, my Summer 2016 plans were as follows:
- #188) See the Synchronous Fireflies in Elkmont, Tennessee
- #5) See my 6 Pack Abs
- Do one of my MAKE AMENDS Items hopefully!
- #54) Go to a Summer Olympics
- #124) Travel to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- #185) Visit and Stay with 3 Different Friends who live in Foreign Countries so that I can Reconnect with Old Friends & See that Country through Local Eyes (My Brazilian Friends I met in 2012)
Seemed like a great set of Summer Adventures, but I have decided after much contemplation that I don’t want my first trip to Brazil to be in the insanity of the Olympics and I am missing the fireflies as I type this post.
So what are my new plans???
Well Here goes:
- On June 27th I will fly the red eye to Boston & then on to Philly where I will spend a 12 hour layover exploring Independence Hall hopefully
- June 28th – June 29th: Fly from Philadelphia, PA to Lisbon, Portugal
- June 29th – June 30th: ride the overnight train from Lisbon, Portugal to Biarritz, France and then onto St. Jean Pied de Port, France.
- July 1st – ????: #109) Walk the Camino de Santiago from France to Santiago, Espana (I will be walking the entire 490 miles of the Camino Frances and then possibly the additional 50 miles to the coastal area of Finisterre, Espana)
- July???: #185) Visit and Stay with 3 Different Friends who live in Foreign Countries so that I can Reconnect with Old Friends & See that Country through Local Eyes (My Family in Leon, Espana while I am Hiking the Camino)
- August??: Figure out how to get from Finisterre, Spain and get to and explore Porto &/or Lisbon Portugal where I will complete – #153) Drink Port Wine in Portugal
- August 10th: Fly from Lisbon Portugal back to Boston
- August 11th: Go with my two Yankee loving cousins (I am a RED SOX FAN!!) & complete – #55) Return to Fenway Baseball Park to See the Red Sox Play the Yankees
So these are my new updated plans. Look for new blog articles before I go. I will be discussing the Camino de Santiago, why I am doing this 490+ mile walk, and some other great insights before I go!
Have big summer plans this summer? Please let me know in the comments below! I love to hear about other adventures of all kinds!
Don’t forget to Pin this to your Bucket List Board!